Monday, October 6, 2008

Reading A-Z

I just finished the Reading a-z article and I found that I agreed with alot that the article talked about and I see how it is applied in class every day. I work in a kindergarten classroom where the students are now learning to identify letters and their sounds. The article very clearly showed the process of learning the letters and their sounds and now when I see the students learning them in class I understand the process a whole lot better. First they learn to identify the letter then we use pictures to help them sound out words with that letter and the begin to identify the letter with the sound. We also use the starfall wedsite alot. This is a great website that keeps the students very engaged and help them to leatn each letter sound. I also agreed with this article about using online websites for texts. It will save alot of money on books that might never be used and these websites provide great texts for the students to read. I definetly will be telling the teacher that I work with about Reading a-z.

No comments: