Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Guided Reading

I thought that the article on guided reading provided alot of useful strategies to use in the classroom and it really is a good way to get the students to fully comprehend the stories is a way that is interesting and fun for them. I loved that the kids got involved in The Three BIlly Goats Gruff by putting on the play themselves and using props and masks. I also like the way that the students desighned their own communities when dealing with the book The Giver. I liked how the teacher reads aloud with the children while asking them questions about the story to make sure that everyone is understanding because sometimes when you read alone you miss certain key points in a story. This artricle was very informative and the teaching strategies really gave the children understanding of both stories. I personally love to read and think that reading is so important but some kids dont like it because they do not understand the stories or they get very lost in a book. I think that guided reading helps those kids and makes reading fun and not frustraing.

No comments: